Inhale! Exhale! AAhhh!
I hope you are all doing well on this fine day!
I am quite pleased with my running and biking at the moment. I finally have many of the computer issues solved. I was even able to install the Garmin software onto my computer! That made me really happy!
Although I received the Garmin Forerunner last week, I waited to use it until I understood a bit more about it. I took it for a test run yesterday and I was quite pleased! It told me calorie count, the GPS tracked my run, It gave me the pace, and the miles set. I will be working with it more and more! After the run I connected the Forerunner to my computer with a USB cable and the watch sent all of my info to the computer. Just one of the wonderful advantages to this great little device. Technology! Don’t you just love it sometimes???
Logging the information will allow me to see the changes in my workouts. I will increase the RAW food intake and see how this fares. I will also be biking more and more during the next few weeks. I looked at my pace…a sad 14 minute mile and remembered the elite women are running a little over a 4 minute mile! Can u believe that? Crazy.
My run was a nice one. For the first time in a long time I began thinking about all of the things I need to get done. I also was feeling positive about the next few months to come. More food posts, more excercise and MORE LAUGHTER.
After my run I enjoyed a wonderful smoothie!!!
Here it is! Delicious! (For the most part! More on that in a moment!)
This one was a good one!
BLUEBERRY PINEAPPLE VEGA SMOOTHIE
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup pineapple
1 scoop Vega *
1 tbl. Udo’s Oil
1 1/2 cups PH water
Blend and Drink!
About the Vega Health Food Optimizer. What is Vega you ask? Well Vega is a supplement by Brendan Brazier. (Psst…the Author of one of the FREE GIVEAWAYS!!! You have until November 30th 2010!!) It’s a raw food smoothie supplement to be used after activity or meal replacement.
I have found the supplement to work. At least in the sense that I am not sore after running/cycling if I drink this 10-12 minutes after activity. I just find the sweetness to be a bit off! There are tons of wonderful ingredients in this supplement, however! Here is the ingredients list!
Features & Benefits
Formulated by Brendan Brazier, vegan, professional Ironman triathlete and best-selling author on performance nutrition, Vega is made exclusively from natural plant-based whole foods.
A synergistic collection of Brendan’s favorite plant-based superfoods, Vega is not only a complete meal replacement, but also an ideal daily health-optimizing supplement.
High in fiber, protein and essential fatty acids, Vega is naturally filling and satisfying, helping to reduce appetite and cravings. Each serving of Vega supplies:
26g of Broad Spectrum Protein
- 40% of calories from protein, with all essential amino acids in ideal balance
- Alkaline forming, 35% raw protein with enzymes intact
- Protein sourced from hemp, yellow pea, brown rice, flax and chlorella
6g of Essential Fatty Acids
- 30% of calories from naturally occurring fats from whole foods
- EFAs mostly in the form of hard to get Omega 3s and zero trans fats
- EFAs sourced from whole flax seed (not flax meal), hemp and chlorella
17g of Quality Carbohydrates
- 30% of calories from naturally occurring complex carbohydrates; no maltodextrin
- Naturally low glycemic index and no sugars or sugar derivatives added
- Carbohydrates sourced from hemp, flax, brown rice and maca
15g of Fabulous Fiber
- Contains both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Helps balance blood sugar, reduce insulin, improve elimination
- Fiber sourced from hemp, flax, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) and chlorella
Full Serving of ChlorEssence (High CGF Chlorella)
- Rich in protein, chlorophyll and nucleic acids DNA & RNA
- Cleanse, nourish, rejuvenate cells and activate, support immune system
- Special cell wall fiber binds to and removes heavy metals and other toxins from the body
Full Serving of MacaSure (Organic Gelatinized Maca)
- Rich in alkaloids, glucosinolates, minerals and sterols
- Increase energy, reduce stress, balance hormones, improve libido
- Gelatinization enhances potency and ease of digestion/absorption
Mixed Berry Complex (ORAC 800 blend)
- Great source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- Helps defend against free radical damage
- Beneficial form of bacteria
- Helps maintains healthy intestinal flora
- Facilitates breakdown of food to improve absorption
- Helps reduce nutritional stress digestion places on the body
100% Recommended Daily Intake of Vitamins & Minerals
- All essential minerals present in easily absorbable form
- All essential vitamins present in natural form
With just 220 calories and 2g of net carbs per serving (natural flavor), Vega is an excellent choice for those on a calorie-reduced diet. High in fiber, protein and essential fats, Vega is naturally filling and satisfying, helping to suppress appetite and cravings.
Easily digested, alkaline and great-tasting, Vega is clean and green, containing no animal products, corn, dairy, egg, fillers, gluten, soy, sugar, wheat or yeast. Absolutely no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners and GMO and pesticide-free.
Vega is available in wholesome and delicious Natural, Berry, Vanilla Chai and Chocolate flavors, in three sizes: individual 30g Snack Packs, small bottles containing 7-8 servings and large bottles containing 15-17 servings. One serving of Vega is a complete meal, exceeding all meal replacement requirements, but people with smaller appetites may find half a serving sufficiently satiating.
Each serving of Vega contains a full dose of MacaSure and ChlorEssence!
At the moment I have the Vanilla Chai. The chocolate is good. I don’t like the Berry so much.
After my run I cycled for 33 min and rode approx 3 more miles. A total of 6 miles last night! I just need to keep up with the training schedule I have. (Fingers Crossed)
I need to plan some runs in the area of 5 – 7 miles for Sunday. Stay tuned!!!
A really GREAT & INFORMATIVE movie I saw this weekend was called FOODMATTERS! Has anyone seen this movie? Comment and join the FREE RAFFLE GIVEAWAY! -or- Just comment about your thoughts on this I would be very pleased! Nutritional Therapy sure sounds better than Chemotherapy!!!
Thanks for reading!